Hi there and welcome attend to Fairness, TechCrunch’s project capital-focused podcast where we unpack the numbers within the attend of the headlines.
Right here is Fairness Monday, our weekly kickoff that tracks basically the most up-to-date non-public market recordsdata, talks about the impending week, digs into some most up-to-date funding rounds and mulls over the next theme or narrative from the non-public markets. You would possibly maybe be in a space to put collectively the display conceal on Twitter here and myself here.
This morning we took a world notice at the tips, making an attempt to take in basically the most up-to-date from spherical our diminutive planet:
- American shares are space to upward thrust as worthy of the sphere had the damage day from buying and selling; Indian shares fell on the attend of wretched COVID-19 recordsdata.
- The last be conscious tech recordsdata used to be this bit of rotten recordsdata from Fb, if you happen to can also very neatly be a fan of privateness. And the FT has recordsdata on the Chinese language tech liquidity market that isn’t capable recordsdata.
- Amazon is in nervousness after it illegally retaliated in opposition to workers. And there’s more reporting on how low the firm used to be energetic to slump to employ a behold at to dam union job. Corporations, they’re always letting us down.
- And edtech big Byju’s is asking for an IRL tutoring carrier for a billion dollars.
- On the funding front, Meesho is now value $2.1 billion due to the SoftBank Vision Fund 2, while Cresta now has $50 million more in its bask in coffers.
- And we wrapped with a behold at the Alkami Know-how IPO, which used to be fair correct stress-free due to the where the firm used to be based.
It’s going to be a blast of per week. Focus on with you Wednesday!